Friday, January 18, 2013

A Nifty Thrifty Easter...

Today I was at The Warehouse (for non New Zealand'ers that's a place you can by almost anything) and right next to the clearance price candy canes were EASTER EGGS. Already! Easter is 9 weeks 4 days away and most of us are still thinking about back to school supplies not basket fillers! Well, at least I was until I saw the Easter Eggs. Rather than be tempted to buy them early I decided to plan for Easter like I do Christmas.
My kids are now teens and a tween but they still like to get visits from Easter Bunny (funny that.) Last year they got  home made marshmallow eggs. I was excited to make my own marshmallow ones, a step up from my regular home melt and mold chocolates. To package them I wrapped them in tinfoil and put them in a reusable lunchbox container along with bunny noses, bunny tails and bunny 'bombs'. (Jelly beans in pink, white and black.) To put it simply, I was working with a bigger budget last year and as much as a certain boy loved the bunny bombs (yes..poop!) I won't do them 2 years in a row.

Here's my plan...

Carrot Candy Popper, Easter Crafts
http://dotcomwomen.com/crafts/carrot-candy-popper-easter-crafts/4199/


This home 'grown' carrot filled with home made Easter chocolates and one or two of these...
and a cute (not for my son...it will need to be black or something for him!) facecloth bunny.
I will modify the design a bit but below is the general idea. I want them to be able to use the facecloth afterwards! 

The bunny is going to hide one of these colours of faith jelly bean bracelets (or a bag of them in the corresponding colours.)
--
Now I just need to figure out Easter Brunch...

May your nest be blessed,
Lisa


This blog post is linked to Shabby Creek Cottage  please visit the other bloggers, many great posts to be found!


PS: I just made these...they'd be great molded as something more Easter like and they're all natural!
See them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet...thanks for dropping by to say hi!