Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Spaces


 
These thrifty little doily flowers made a lovely addition to my toi-toi stems! I love the natural tones and the way they surprise you when you see them hanging discreetly against the plant.
They were pretty easy to make, I simply snipped the flower from the larger doily and attached with twine like wool. Easy DIY and thrifty too:)



 Remember these bead sticks from last post? So pretty!

 I love to create these areas that make me happy to look at. They're a fantastic remedy after a stressful day and a great antidote for depression. I'm new to doing these sorts of things but thanks to pinterest I am well on my way!

 Even though it's Winter here I've been admiring summer homes this past week thanks to a Summer Homes Tour by Shabby Creek Cottage. Seriously drool worthy!

 We don't own the home we live in so major DIY projects are a no-no so instead I focus on the small spaces which are mine. I am making intentional displays that change frequently, dependent on what I have found in the second hand shops and what flowers I have. Everything here (except the purple flowers)  is either gifted, second hand or free. What's not to love about that?
 A sweet owl, two nests and romantic heart...
 An earthy pot that is nice to touch as well as look at...
 This heart was a lucky find!

I hope this post inspires you as I have been inspired by others.

Live well, love what you have and create happy spaces regardless of your budget or housing constraints...

May your nest be blessed,
Lisa 


Also posted to:


1 comment:

  1. Fun easy AND thrifty ways to add a little accent. Love it! Thank you for linking up with us for Fabulously Frugal Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet...thanks for dropping by to say hi!